We just wrapped up Maurice Coleman’s workshop Creating Presentations That Don’t Put People to Sleep. Maurice did a fantastic job of leading this event, which included some great discussion!
The readings, resources and slides for the event are listed below. Have further questions or comments? Whether you participated in the event or not, feel free to chime in via the comments area below!
The Readings for Today’s Workshop:
- 18 Tips for Killer Presentations http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/18-tips-for-killer-presentations.html
- GarrReynolds.com: Presentation Tips: http://www.garrreynolds.com/Presentation/
- Mike Splane, PowerPoint Presentation Advice http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/splane_m/presentationtips.htm
- Olivia Mitchell, Presentation tips http://www.speakingaboutpresenting.com/
- National Association of College and University Business Officers: Presentation Checklist http://www.nacubo.org/Events_and_Programs/Speakers_Corner/Presentation_Checklist.html
- Florida Association of EMS Educators: Presentation Checklist http://www.faemse.org/downloads/checklist.pdf
- Marianne Lenox , The TED Commandments http://alalearning.org/2010/05/13/the-ted-commandments/
Resources Mentioned During Today’s Event:
- Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds: http://amzn.to/H1GFYP
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte http://amzn.to/H1GLQa
- Confessions of a Public Speaker by Scott Berkun http://amzn.to/H1GYCV
- Public Speaking for Success by Dale Carnegie http://amzn.to/H1H4uc