Do you have a successful storytime program to share? Send it to me via e-mail. If it’s selected for publication, we’ll send you a free-one year subscription to the online magazine. All submissions will be acknowledged promptly, and authors will be notified within three months if their program will appear in print. Looking forward to hearing from you….
- Activities and books must be appropriate for children preschool through grade 3.
- Programs must be submitted electronically (email@example.com)
- Along with read-aloud suggestions, programs can include songs; activities (musical and/ or, movement); rhymes; flannelboards; crafts; fingerplays; lists of additional books or recordings; early literacy information; and parent follow-up activities.
- Submissions must be accompanied by the author’s name, mailing address, e-mail, daytime phone, and, if applicable, library affiliation.
- Illustrations (no photos, please) will be accepted on the basis of quality. Simple diagrams or patterns work best. They should be drawn with black ink on plain white paper and scanned at 300dpi. If electronic submission or artwork isn’t possible, illustrations can be sent separately, to Stephanie Zvirin, ALA Editions, 50 E. Huron, Chicago, IL 60611. Please do not bend or fold the illustrations.
- All book suggestions must include the author’s name, publisher, and date of publication.
- Recorded song titles must include the names of the recording and the recording artist.
- Previously published programs can’t be accepted.
I'll look forward to hearing your ideas!